Lori & Rob: Engaged

10.06.2010


There once was a girl who longed to have a best friend. So she started to pray and ask God to send her one.  But not just any best friend.  She wanted that “kindred Spirit “as Anne of Green Gables would put it.   It had to be someone who loved God, who laughed and was silly like she was, who knew what she was thinking without her having to say it.  Someone who could be a safe place for her, whom she could tell anything to.  So she prayed.
Little did she know there was another little girl in her very same school who was also praying for a best friend.  In fact they had gone to same school all their lives and never met.  It wasn’t until their seventh grade year (one year later from when they started to pray) that they both ended up in the same class. 
That’s when I met Lori. 
We didn’t have this AMAZING AHA moment that we were going to be best friends.  It was more like we just fell in sync with each other and never fell out.  Honestly I don’t know what I would have done without her, I’m just glad that God answered our prayers ‘cause no one understands me like her.  I am so glad she has found a man like Rob ‘cause I just couldn’t part with her for anyone less worthy. 
And Rob: you are worthy.  You’re the guy I always wanted for my best friend. Someone I can trust who will take care of her when I can’t be there and will challenge her to be a better woman, wife, mother, and lover of Jesus.  She is blessed to have you.  And I cannot wait for your wedding this Saturday! 






































1 comments:

Unknown 8.10.10  

how awesome that you ladies are still so close and have the opportunity to share such a special experience!

Erin Althuisius

Post a Comment