1. Constantly compare yourself to other artists.
2. Talk to your family about what you do and expect them to cheer you on.
3. Base your success of your entire career on one project.
4. Stick with what you know.
5. Undervalue your expertise.
6. Let money dictate what you do.
7. Bow to societal pressures.
8. Only do work that your family would love.
9. Do whatever the client/customer/gallery owner/patron/investor asks.
10. Set unachievable overwhelming goals to be accomplished by tomorrow.
Ok, I admit it, I stole this post. There now it's out. This is NOT Original. Haha. But I needed to post this because I need the reminder. So thank you Promise Tangeman for this post. If you haven't heard of her shame on you and go check out her stuff @ promisetangemanblog.com.
I am all to guilty of DEFINITELY 1, 3, 4, 5, and 10. Gez I feel like that's a lot? Please do share yours and don't leave me hangin' :)